Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Saturday 9 August 2014

aunt's collar - pattern for the edging - Part 1

This is the tutorial for the edging around the square motifs. I've taken too much photos, then there will be 2 posts for this tutorial.

PART 1:  side closer to the neck.

In the next picture I pinned picots that are going to be joined: I started joining from pin number 1.
With a shuttle wound CTM, start a ring: 3ds, picot, 3ds, picot, 3ds. Join to the square motif (pin number 1). Continue the ring: 3ds, picot, 3ds, picot, 3ds.

This side, all rings are 3-3-3+3-3-3 (5 picots, considering a join "+" as though a picot). Rings join to square motifs in their central picot.

pic 1
RW and start a chain of 3ds, picot, 3ds. Reverse again and start another ring. This one is joined to previous after the first group of 3ds, to the last picot of previous ring, AND it is joined to the square motifs in pin number 2:
Then RW and start a chain a bit longer: 3ds, picot, 3ds, picot, 3ds. RW and start another ring, NOT joined to previous ring, but joined to the square motif in pin number 3:
RW and start again a short chain of 3ds, picot, 3ds. RW and start another ring. This one is joined to previous after the first group of 3ds, to the last picot of previous ring, AND it is joined to the square motifs in pin number 4. Then a longer chain follows: 3-3-3 :

Then they are all repetitions, till the last square, restarting from pic 1.
[ end of part 1 ]

Ciao,
Ninetta

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Ninetta, thanks for sharing the secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what has become of this and the edging really makes me understand what is going on, I struggled with wondering how you were going to get a curve of of this. This is beautiful and delicate too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. I should tat a longer line/sequence of squares... But actually it curves a little and the crochet over it helps too.

      Delete
  3. I can see the curve beginning to form, I like your directions, they are very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ninetta ,
    Can I use this pattern to make a bookmark?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It curves a little, but please try it and I'll be happy to see your tatting.

      Delete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta