Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 6 January 2015

happy new year


In the italian version of "Stille nacht" there's a prayer I love:

"give light to minds,
instil peace in hearts"

I wish you that light and peace. Happy 2015.


The cone is in polyester thread, 3 strands, dmc.
There are more than 600 tiny miyuki beads.

Ciao,
Ninetta

13 comments:

  1. The tree, the doily and the figurines are all lovely.

    My goodness, over 600 beads? You probably spent more time stringing them than doing the tatting. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) ty, nice comment! I used about 50 meters of thread, and the tree is about 12 cm high. Started with a ring, then only chains.

      Delete
  2. That is an awesome scene!!! :) You did a fabulous job on the doily and tree!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tatted the doily during xmas 2012, while the little cone is new!

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful and the doily is very nice where did it come from? It has little hearts in it! Hope your new year is a wonderful one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it comes from Italy!! I have drawn only 5 round, there's a pattern in flickr. Wish you a wonderful year too!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ninetta, you continue to amaze !
    Hope you continue to amaze us through the new year :-)
    Your doily has so many interesting elements and shapes - a good piece to study & create.
    Wishing you a very Happy and fulfilling new year with loads of Tativity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, we all need inspirations and fun so I wish you the same!

      Delete
  6. Peace and light to you too. Wow, such beautiful work, the doily and the cone. I do like the idea of the cone and the beads must make it sparkle under light - magical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty doily, Ninetta!!love it with the little hearts!your x-mas tree is stunning!!!
    Have a fine 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tally! I learned my lesson (thanks to Sue of the tatting designer class) and now I have a notebook where I saved (pencilled) the stitch count! Wow, I can redo the tree! I'm less confident that I can retat the doily!!! Happy 2015 back!

      Delete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta