Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Wednesday 4 March 2015

part II - a photo-tutorial for quad_13

Part I is in previous post.

After the first corner, pattern repeats the side part with two ecrù rings and the coloured trefoil:

It's always there to bother, the gap between the first ds of the chain and the last ring. I try to use my middle finger of the left hand to get the first half closer, then keep it in place with thumb and forefinger and tat the second half. This works for me. I don't care too much about the core thread in this point, because then it will be pushed in place with the rest of the chain.

The second corner, with the coloured ring of 10-10 joined to the trefoil:
 

The third side is always the same: 2 rings ecrù (5+5+10-10 and 10+10-5-5) and a trefoil (10+5-5 then 5+5+(to center)5-5 then 5+5-10).

After the 3rd corner, while tatting the last ring in the trefoil, don't forget to join to the very first ring in the first trefoil:


Then remember to join the last ring in the last corner to the very first ring tatted in ecru:

The last chain is tatted normally but I learned - and love - this method from Frivole (thank you very much!) to hide ends at the end:
http://leblogdefrivole.blogspot.it/2011/03/more-hiding-ends-and-eightsome-reel.html



She has got a great photo-tutorial in one of her sets in flickr, but I don't put inside both ends, at the end only the core thread is inside the last chain. I'm afraid ends would pull out. I hide the other end with the help of the magic trick loop that I put in the start ring. At least, there's only one end to hide!

I finished, and you?

Ciao,
Ninetta

18 comments:

  1. Thanks, again, Ninetta :-) This one is definitely on my to-tat list. Either as a coaster or the bookmark - haven't decided yet.
    I checked the link, but the pictorial has been removed. I have sent an email to frivole, hoping the pics can be restored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you tatting and patterns I will get around to this, It may be in a while, but love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much <3

    Muskaan, those pics are still in flickr. When I have a pic and want to locate it in the web, simply google clicking on the cam icon and give it my pic, it will show all images that are even visually similar. But then, I put a bookmark!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I occasionally remember to use that feature on my desktop (not yet a 'habit' though). But I can't locate it on my android tablet.

      I have visited your flickr account but haven't browsed thru much. I did print out one of the quads a couple of weeks back & my DH was very impressed by the layout, etc. :-)
      That reminds me, I Really like the way you have incorporated stepwise diagrams within the actual tatting pic ! Love the way you play around with & make effective use of apps & software!

      BTW, in my comment above, I was referring to Joelle's pictorial on hiding ends in a split chain, which was on flickr. .... Do you have a direct link to it?

      Delete
    2. Yes I have, I sent Frivole a comment.

      Delete
    3. Just wanted to let you know that earlier in the day promptly & graciously Joelle sent me the album link & I have seen the pictorial. I love the technique - only hope I can pull the thread end through the stitches - that's where I've failed in earlier attempts with magic loop.
      Thank you :-)

      Delete
  4. Anche questa piastrella è bellissima, la farò sicuramente.
    Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pure io quando Non Etta me lo insegnerà spero presto.

      Delete
    2. Nonnetta??!!!? =D> ha ha Sabina!!!!

      Delete
  5. I started & finished the square today! AND posted it on my blog. Loved it !!! And simultaneously learned the magic loop/thread trick, as well as Frivole’s technique, which I used successfully for the quad 13 :-)
    Thank you so much .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so much! I'm happy that you like it and learned something new too!

      Delete
  6. I started & finished the square today! AND posted it on my blog. Loved it !!! And simultaneously learned the magic loop/thread trick, as well as Frivole’s technique, which I used successfully for the quad 13 :-)
    Thank you so much .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pattern. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Complimenti sei più brava di quanto credevo... meno male che sei vicina.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta