Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 1 August 2017

having a tuft on the ring

This little motif has been tatted with an idea in mind, that is trying to use an effect I discovered some months ago while playing with picots. Thread is DMC size 80. I love the little star that the bare thread makes in the centre. I'd like adding antennas to the tip so those can resemble butterflies, so maybe I can rework this pattern again.

The blu&white motif is showed the back side. Pattern is my original, but - as usual - if by chance it is like another one already seen, please tell me.

The "tuft" on the ring is tatted with only one shuttle, formed by the same thread wrapped around the hand and I admit I used a gauge, but now I'd like playing a little... as a joke.

Do you guess how it is tatted? I'm listening...

Ciao,
Ninetta

20 comments:

  1. Ah finally ! y-)
    Just this morning I cut off my piece - the thread was still attached to the ball ;-D
    Looking forward to more of your patterns using this, and experimentation too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol sorry you can't take part in the riddle :-)) thanks a lot for your support!

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome!!! So unique!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have no idea how it is done. Would sre like to know though..!!

      Delete
    2. Please Barbara, click on the next post, there's the solution and the link to a video, too.

      Delete
  3. Very interesting pattern, really no idea how you work that tuft

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really wonderful effect! No idea on how to do it though....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Playing around this morning - I tatted a ring with a similar tuft on it - picots separated only by half stitches for the 'tuft' part of the ring. Not sure if it's the same as yours, but it looks similar. Nice design on your motif.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will try this, I agree it sounds similar but the "head" of the half stitch is up in my picture, I suspect that in your case the head is close to the core. Anyway I've a video, I should post it but not by this weekend. Thank you for playing! :-f

      Delete
  6. I suspect you wrapped the stitches/picots around the core thread somehow, but so far I have not duplicated the effect. It's fun playing with the threads and picots, though, whether I duplicate your effect or not. ;)
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting effect! I have no idea how it could be done but it looks like it's done after the double stitches for the ring?

    ReplyDelete
  8. An interesting effect, I like the tuff I can see you made the large picots without a stitch in between, I would love to try your pattern

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta