Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 19 December 2017

don't lose the keys (and the tatting, too)

They're 20 in total and I'm glad my friends loved them, they have already been given away as xmas' gifts. The plastic key fob has been tatted around as it was a stone, like the earrings here: "international drop addiction", thread is 2 strands of Finca light gold (Hilo Metalizado, 1000mts, Presencia Hilaturas).
The little crosses inside had been part of the net embroidered last summer, there was some space left after I finished the fans and I thought to make something so the precious handmade net would not have been wasted.
This was the net before I cut the fans, bookmarks and many motifs. I still have to buy a structure for the second fan, but the lace is saved.

I finished a necklace, using the same thread Finca and light blue bugle beads, I also added some little pearl drops. I like it, especially the chain with the interlocking split rings, that gives a pretty touch to the pattern. I plan to make a second one in silver, not soon though.


There is a post of mine about how to tat the interlocking split rings, it was useful as I don't often tat this chain. I tatted using "Method 2" in my tutorial, link is here: interlocking since 1869


I thought that those earrings in previous photo didn't match and then I came up with another pair, much better in my opinion.

In the next picture there is a box that has a pincushion in the cap, I saw this in Pinterest and I couldn't resist to try it out, made from a tuna can, fabric and cardboard. This is the original source: http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com/2017/02/something-different-to-do-pouf-for-you.html
I used the wrong type of glue, it smell badly, just because I still haven't learnt how to use the hot glue gun. Next year...


I wish you all my heartfelt Merry Christmas and I'll take a break from the blog, till next year. I'll tat mini roses, mini bedspread and I'll also knit scarves... and I will eat panettone and torrone, of course!

Ciao,
Ninetta

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous keychains!!!!!!! :)
    And wonderful jewelry set!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to use the crosses and create gifts. Love the earrings and the necklace. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so beautiful - perfect !
    Enjoy your holidays and festivities d-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ninetta I love those necklace and earings. Thanks for that. Happy holidays and festival.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holidays! Love the earrings. Your creativity is a true gift to us all. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta