Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Wednesday 12 November 2014

an edging to match with "fiore di filet"

It's not as bad, isn't it? Well, I haven't got another square tatted yet, but I took some photos while I was tatting.

Two shuttles pattern, shoe lace tricks, shuttle lock joins, reverse tatting, block tatting...

Lucky me! A good friend ( http://tennbrown.blogspot.it/ ) had sent me a ton of pins. They come in handy with all this block tatting! Thank you very much!

pic. 1
(I added the second thread without knots, with the help of Jane Eborall! Check it in her website!)

The square of previous post, the "flower of filet", started with a little ring 3-3. I used two colours to better show the pattern and then it could be clearer when I switched shuttles.

pic.2
After the little ring, I haven't reversed work, added the second shuttle and tatted one ds, a very small picot (vsp) and 6ds.
pic. 3
Then I've tatted 4 rows of block tatting ( see http://www.georgiaseitz.com/2012/blockpatterson.jpg).
With the orange thread (the core tread in that position) I tatted a ring 3+3, joining to previous ring.

... to be continued (with the same chain showed in pic.1).

Ciao,
Ninetta

2 comments:

  1. Love the pins, I look forward to seeing how it works out, looking good so far
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta